- Discos and clubs
- On Fridays Gloria hosts discos which are open to young people
- under the age of 18. Performances, dance contests and interactive
- events are arranged in connection with discos. Non Fighting Generation's
- volunteers also participate in activities.
- The music on Fridays ranges from mainstream disco to hip hop and R'n'B.
- Clubs and festivals
- Saturdays are mainly for over-18s. Techno and dance clubs and different
- weekend festivals have been popular. International artists have visited
- techno clubs and festivals.Gloria's Saturday night clubs are often more
- cross-art than the programme available elsewhere.
- Video technology and decorations are also part of the programme.
- Festivals based on national themes such as the Japanese Ike Ike
- and the Russia Tusovka have presented culture in the form of films,
- photos, art and music.
- Gloria hosts theatre performances about once a month. The best days
- for performances are Sunday-Tuesday. Performances can be offered on
- two consecutive weeks, for example. Sets should be designed so as not
- to interfere with club and weekend activities. (Exceptions are also possible.)
- Theatre activities range from youth theatre surveys to professional performances
- and include school shows, Stand-up club, Magic Café, performances by students
- at the Theatre Academy of Finland, children's theatre, musicals, performances by
- groups at youth centres, circus, juggling festivals and performance art.
- Dance mainly alternates with theatre. In general performances are only
- one night, however. Performances have ranged from experimental dance
- to traditional dance school recitals.
- Most private events are arranged by businesses. These events may be
- aimed at customers or a company's own staff. Fashion shows and
- galas are also popular private occasions.